Are you struggling to unlock your ZTE device after a factory reset? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many ZTE users face this problem where they are unable to access their devices due to the Factory Reset Protection (FRP) feature. However, there are ways to bypass this protection safely and effectively.
What is Factory Reset Protection?
Factory Reset Protection is a security feature introduced in Android 5.1 Lollipop that prevents unauthorized access to a device after a factory reset. Once enabled, FRP requires you to enter the Google account credentials previously used on the device before you can access it again. The purpose of this feature is to prevent someone from stealing your phone and wiping it clean for resale.
Why do you need to bypass FRP?
While Factory Reset Protection is a useful security feature, it can be a pain when you forget the Google account credentials or buy a second-hand ZTE device with FRP enabled. In such cases, you may need to bypass FRP to regain access to your device.
How to bypass FRP on ZTE devices
Before we dive into the steps, it’s important to note that bypassing FRP can be risky if not done properly. It’s recommended to proceed with caution and follow the steps carefully to avoid any damage to your device.
Method 1: Using an OTG cable
- Download the FRP bypass APK file specific to your ZTE device model and Android version from a reliable source.
- Copy the APK file to a USB drive using a computer.
- Insert the USB drive into your ZTE device using an OTG cable.
- Install the APK file and open it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to disable FRP.
Method 2: Using ADB commands
- Enable USB debugging on your ZTE device by going to Settings > Developer options and toggling on USB debugging.
- Connect your ZTE device to a computer via USB cable.
- Open Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Mac) on your computer.
- Type « adb devices » in the command prompt and press enter. This will show if your device is connected and recognized by ADB.
- Type « adb shell content insert –uri content://settings/secure –bind name:s:user_setup_complete –bind value:s:1 » and press enter to bypass FRP.
Bypassing Factory Reset Protection on ZTE devices is possible but should be done with caution. Using the wrong method or file can cause irreversible damage to your device. Always ensure that you download files from reputable sources and follow the steps carefully. With the right approach, you can safely and effectively bypass FRP and regain access to your ZTE device.